A “Friends of…” community supporting chamber music creation and performance in Victoria.
Our Aims & Objectives
Continuo Community aims to:
- Build a community which will establish personal connections between audience and performers.
- Produce a regular newsletter for the community, advertising up-coming performances, reviewing performances, featuring ensembles, etc.
- Create a “one stop shop” where all chamber music gigs are listed, both live and streamed.
- Include brief bios so that people can get to know more about local ensembles and composers.
- Provide a vehicle to connect new ensembles to professional mentors, both artistic and business-related.
- Attract philanthropic donations to support chamber music performance and commissioning.
- Commission new chamber music and have it performed.
These are some of the things we want to do:
- Provide an opportunity for lovers of chamber music to be part of a community, not just a faceless audience.
- Offer a range of ways in which people can support chamber music, other than just through donations (eg volunteering at MICMC, providing professional advice).
- Build funding of chamber music by providing opportunities for people to make relatively small donations, that they will feel have made a real difference, and that can be personal – such as supporting a particular player in a particular concert.
- Give people the opportunity to see “under the hood” of chamber music performance via open rehearsals.
- Assist ensembles that are not yet established to find audiences and supporters.
- Encourage cooperation between ensembles, including cross-promotion at concerts.
- Develop relationships with performance venues to make it easier for upcoming ensembles to find a performance space.
- Find supporters prepared to offer private spaces for rehearsals or house concerts.
- Look for synergies between all the organisations operating in the chamber music sphere.
- Commission music by inviting people to contribute to a syndicate, known as a Continuo Circle.
Continuo Community Inc is a not-for-profit organisation run entirely by volunteers.
It is a registered Association in Victoria, ABN 78 988 291 684.
Continuo Community Inc is a charity registered with ACNC and is on the Register of Cultural Organisations (ROCO).
Continuo Community Inc has Deductible Gift Recipient status – all donations are tax-deductible.